Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader and U.S. Special Envoy for Middle East Peace George Mitchell has joined the Honorary Co-chairs of the West Grand Lake Community Forest Project.
Senator Mitchell also served as an Honorary Co-chair of the now completed Wabassus Lake Project prior to his appointment as U.S. Special Envoy. His service is a strong statement of the importance of the project, and is in keeping with his long-standing dedication to Maine’s people and environment.
Senator Mitchell joins a distinguished group of Honorary Co-chairs of the West Grand Lake Community Forest Project:
• Governor Paul R. LePage
• Senator Olympia J. Snowe
• Senator Susan M. Collins
• Former Senator George J. Mitchell
• Representative Michael H. Michaud
• Representative Chellie M. Pingree
• Passamaquoddy Governor Joseph Socobasin
• Roger Milliken, Jr., Chairman. The Nature Conservancy & Baskahegan CEO
• John Cashwell, Retired President, Seven Islands Land Co.
Downeast Lakes Land Trust is grateful to all these leading individuals for their support of our vision for the future of Grand Lake Stream and the Downeast Lakes region of Maine.