8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Vining Lake Community Preserve
Vining Lake Rd, Cooper
RESCHEDULED! Downeast Coastal Conservancy and Downeast Lakes Land Trust are coming together for a “Downeast Day on the Ice”. Join us at Vining Lake Community Preserve, located in Cooper on February 12th for activities for all ages!
• Land trust staff and volunteers will be on the ice all morning with ice fishing equipment and lessons
• Join Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife for a naturalist demonstration and/or DCC and DLLT staff for a winter ecology hike at the preserve
• Give snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and ice-skating a try! We’ll have the equipment on site for you to borrow, FREE! With Spencer from WCCC’s Outdoor Adventure Center there to assist with any tips, tricks, and lessons needed!
• Take a short ride by horse-drawn sled with Ron Kilby and his draft horses!
• Participate in a snow sculpture contest or make some ice bubbles!
• Visit the Maine Mammal Furs touch table and learn about fascinating facts!
• Pick up a children’s themed craft, animal tracking resources, and learn about the Washington County 4H Program.
• And then warm up by the fire pit, roast s’mores, and taste a sampling of smoked fish!
Everything is FREE! The event runs from 8am – 1pm on Saturday, February 12th. Date is subject to change depending on winter conditions. Follow DCC and DLLT on social media or check back to our websites for updates!
See all events